Friday, August 18, 2006

Stressed & Depressed - Aye Caramba!

I have heard that stress (and depression) can have a negative effect on CMT, and I agree with this 100%, from experience. It can be very hard for someone with CMT to not get overly stressed, when just having the CMT is stressful! If you have this problem, I feel for you, and I know what it's like.

When I get stressed (which also happens very easily), I feel like my body is flipping out. The feel of adrenaline going, but I also feel very weak and my body just isn't "working" correctly! Depression is also pretty common when you're going through anything that's emotionally straining. I've had to find ways to make my life as low-stress as possible, but while still going to school and trying to lead a "normal life". I talked to my teachers so they all understood the situation (I really recommend doing this, for anyone school-aged), and I'm also learning to just "go with the flow" a bit more (okay, I'm trying to...) and accept that things aren't always going to go the way I want, and that I'm not always going to be "part of the group" etc.

My main point is, you need to find what's going to work for you. Maybe massages after that hard day at work to help you relax, or maybe something like meditation would work for you. Find a support group that you can talk to (I'm always here!), that can do wonders. Medication might also be a good option to keep anxiety and depression at a low. Think of your body, care for your body, love your body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home